10 Years of Dance. 10 Amazing Artists.
CHOP SHOP: Bodies of Work celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2017 with a retrospective of artists from the festival's history - plus one new to Seattle. Both CHOP SHOP festival performances offer the unique opportunity to sample work by artists drawn from diverse backgrounds and representing unique perspectives on contemporary dance today. The 2017 festival artists are:
- New Zealand School of Dance / Christina Chan (Wellington) - Seattle debut!
- MOVETHECOMPANY / Joshua Beamish (Vancouver, BC) - Seattle premiere!
- The Stone Dance Collective / Eva Stone (Eastside)
- Anatomiae Occultii / Adam Barruch (New York City) - World premiere!
- Bryn Cohn + Artists / Bryn Cohn (New York City) - Seattle premiere!
- The Foundry / Alex Ketley (San Francisco)
- Project20 / Donald Sales (Vancouver, BC) - Seattle premiere!
- Donald Byrd (Seattle)
- Mark Haim (Seattle)
+ Special Guest: Bellingham Repertory Dance (Sunday Matinee Only)
About the Festival
CHOP SHOP’s mission is to offer insight on contemporary dance and its creative process, in order to forge deeper connections between artists and audiences through presentation, education, dialogue, and experience. The festival is committed to promoting work that is accessible to a diverse audience, comprised of both new and experienced dance viewers, and educating the community-at-large through free outreach classes offered through our innovative Experience Dance Program.
Dancers: Jessica Johns and Toa Paranihi
(New Zealand School of Dance)
Photo: Stephen A’Court