10 Years of Dance. 8 Amazing Artists.
CHOP SHOP: Bodies of Work celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2017 with a retrospective of artists from the festival's history - plus one new to Seattle.
- New Zealand School of Dance / Christina Chan (Wellington)
- MOVETHECOMPANY / Joshua Beamish (Vancouver, BC)
- The Stone Dance Collective / Eva Stone (Eastside)
- Anatomiae Occultii / Adam Barruch (New York City)
- Bryn Cohn + Artists / Bryn Cohn (New York City)
- The Foundry / Alex Ketley (San Francisco)
- Project20 / Donald Sales (Vancouver, BC)
- Mark Haim (Seattle)
Drawn from diverse backgrounds and possessing strong individual voices, each CHOP SHOP artist is united through the contemporary language of dance and its power to stir the senses through the visceral moving image.
About the Festival
CHOP SHOP’s mission is to offer insight on contemporary dance and its creative process, in order to forge deeper connections between artists and audiences through presentation, education, dialogue, and experience. The festival is committed to promoting work that is accessible to a diverse audience, comprised of both new and experienced dance viewers, and educating the community-at-large through free outreach classes offered through our innovative Experience Dance Program.
Dancers: Jessica Johns and Toa Paranihi
(New Zealand School of Dance)
Photo: Stephen A’Court